10 Health Benefits Of Coconut Oil – For Your Pets!
We’ve written about coconut oil for people numerous times now. The benefits are all pretty obvious for us. But did you know that of course small amounts of coconut oil for your pets can have a profoundly positive impact on their health too? Let’s dig into it.
1. Coconut oil can help prevent cancer in dogs and cats.
2. If your pet suffers from arthritis or is prone to it, coconut oil can help relieve the pain of arthritis, or prevent it from happening in the first place.
3. Coconut oil is a natural antimicrobial and antifungal agent, making it useful in treating fungal infections.
4. In humans, it has been shown that coconut oil can help boost your metabolism, and the same goes for your pets too.
5. I’ve used coconut oil on my hair and skin to moisturize, and it works like a charm on your pets too.
6. Coconut oil is a disinfectant, so minor cuts and wounds on your pets can be healed a little bit faster using coconut oil. Of course, if your pet has suffered a major injury, talk to your vet and seek appropriate medical care.
7. Coconut oil helps deodorize your pets too. I really need this for my dog.
8. Coconut oil can ease upset stomachs.
9. Coconut oil has shown to improve thyroid function in humans, and the same goes for your pets too.
10. You can easily sneak coconut oil into their food and they don’t seem to mind it.
For dogs, give 1 teaspoon with food a day, then increasing to 1-2 for full sized dogs. Smaller breeds and puppies should start with 1/2 and ease up to a whole teaspoon. For adult cats, 1/2 teaspoon does the trick. For kittens, use 1/4 teaspoon.